Are you considering refurbishing your office? If there isn’t enough space and there’s a lot of clutter, an office refurbishment could be just is what you need right now. Here are a few things you need to know before refurbishing your office.
Why Do It?
Refurbishing your office can be quite expensive but there are some benefits that make it a worthy investment.
1. Increasing Employee Output â The refurbishment will instantly create better working conditions for your staff and they more than likely become more productive / increase their output. Simply but, if your employees are comfortable about their work environment, they will feel good and work better.
2. Efficient Use Of Space â Creating a good image is integral to every business or company. When creating a good first impression to the customers or clients, you need to avoid clutter or crumped books and other items. A refurbishment which offers more space to keep things tidy, is more than likely to look good and efficient.
3. Improved Safety, Health And Security â Old offices are often unsecure and unsafe. There are many hazardous things that might create unwanted legal actions from your customers or employees. Therefore, to improve the safety, health and security of everyone using the office, you could need to refurbish sooner rather than later.
4. Environmental Friendliness â When updating your office, you should choose eco-friendly architecture and technology whenever you can. That way, your office will be part of the green initiative, which could boost employee morale as well as attracting clients, all the while of course reducing stress on the planet.
What To Consider When Refurbishing Your Office
1. The Business
Make sure the refurbisher knows what your business is about and accommodates the current shape and size of the office to best effect. It should also provide enough space for all the staff working there and the customers who pass through. The refurbishment should be in line with the current regulations and fit within your proposed budget.
2. The Future
Although the fitting out should fit in with the current needs of the business, it should also be able adapt to the future changes that will undoubtedly occur. It should also look innovative and future-oriented to the employees and clients alike.
3. Involve Everyone
Yes, you should choose one person to be in-charge of the entire refurbishing of your office but make sure that everyone is involved. Then for example, the staff can talk about what they would love to have included in the new office layout, while the managers can make sure it’s within the proposed budget.
4. Proper Communication With All The Stakeholders
All the stakeholders to your office need to be informed about the progress of the refurbishment. Some of the many stakeholders include department heads, staff, unions, board members and much more. If you don’t own the building, make sure you talk to the landlord to ask for approval for the refurbishment as well.
5. Healthy And Safety Standards
The health and safety of everyone using the office should be a top priority when carrying out a refurbishment. Make sure you consider the health and safety codes for your country when doing it as well.
In conclusion, an office refurbishment is a good idea for all the people using it. Your employees will increase their output and your clients will feel safe when they walk in the door.
For more data on this subject see this site